Green Eggs with Kale & Feta Cheese
This is a super easy breakfast to make. It contains only natural ingredients and comes in at under 200 calories per serving.
This recipe is for two people so double or half the ingredients if you are cooking for more or less people.
Combined preparation and cooking time is less than ten minutes.
- 4 Free Range Eggs.
- 1 Bag of Kale, washed and ribs removed
- 100g Mushrooms, sliced.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 jar of Ber’s mild salsa (Or similar)
- 75g of feta cheese.
- 1 chilli (Optional) or a teaspoon full of chilli paste.
- Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pour the olive oil onto a good heavy pan (that is safe to place under your grill) and heat to medium temperature.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and onions and cook until the onions start to colour, about two minutes.
- Add a good tablespoon of the Tomato and Chilli relish and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a fork, mash the feta cheese and chilli (if using) together in a cup or bowl and set aside. At the same time, turn on the grill to full
- All the stripped kale should now be piled over the onions & mushrooms, it may seem like a lot, but it reduces quickly
- Place a saucepan lid over the pan to allow the kale to steam.
- Once the kale starts to cook and become tender, using a tablespoon, make four indentation in the cooking kale.
- crack the four eggs, one each into the four indentations.
- Add the smashed feta and chilli, spreading it evenly over the surface of the eggs and kale and allow to cook for a further two minutes.
- Place the pan under a warm grill to melt the cheese and cook the eggs, this will take only a few minutes.
- Remove from grill and use a spatula split into two servings.
- Serve immediately.
- We serve this with Ber’s Guinness Treacle Bread