Warm baby carrot, rocket & cucumber salad
A delicious, easy to prepare, vegetarian salad
- 350g carrots , peeled or cleaned and sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch cumin seeds
- 1 lemon , zested and juiced
- ½ tsp honey (Optional)
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cucumber , chopped
- Handful of rocket , washed
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 60g feta , crumbled
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6.
- Toss the carrots in 1 tbsp of the olive oil, the cumin seeds and some seasoning.
- Spread them out on a baking tray and roast for 30 mins or until soft and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, to make the dressing; whisk together the remaining oil, the lemon zest and juice, honey and mustard.
- Once the carrots are cooked, combine with the avacado, Feta, cucumber & Rocket, then toss through the dressing to serve.