Simple Carrot Soup Recipe
- 500gms Carrots Peeled and chopped
- 1 Onion shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1.25lrs Vegetable stock
- 1 Chopped potato (Optional)
- Fresh/Dried Coriander
- Fresh/Dried Parsley
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pot, add the onion and garlic, then fry on low heat for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in the coriander and parsley and 1 chopped potato (If using) cook for 1 min.
- Add the peeled and chopped carrots and 1.2l vegetable or chicken stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
Tip into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches).
- Return to pan, taste, add salt and pepper if necessary, then reheat to serve.