This is the most simple of summer recipes that is light, refreshing and perfect for easy dining in hot weather. Fresh green broccoli becomes tangy and very tasty when roasted with lemon juice and pepper. You can add almonds for additional crunch.
- 2 Large heads calabrese (broccoli.)
- 2 segments garlic or garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Juice and zest of a lemon.
- Grated Parmesan
- Break the broccoli into florets and halve larger ones
- Pile onto tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with finely sliced garlic, salt and pepper then toss
- Spread out on tray
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes just until the edges are a bit browned and crisp (my favourite part!)
- Drizzle with lemon juice and zest and parmesan, toss then serve